Friday, April 24, 2020

90s radical & controversial magazines: WAKE, EXIT and The Fifth Path

[gallery ids="10398,10397,10396,10395,10394,10393,10392" type="slideshow"]

WAKE, Volume One Issue One - The Abraxas Foundation, 1990. Edited by Boyd Rice.


"Rice's Social Darwinist outlook eventually led to him founding the Social Darwinist think tank called The Abraxas Foundation, along with co-founder Nikolas Schreck. The organization promotes authoritarianism, totalitarianism, misanthropism, and elitism, is antidemocratic, and has some philosophical overlap with the Church of Satan'" - Wikipedia


10981505_969181439768299_2378214899943066490_n

PLAGIARISM IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY

As many of you know, I have publicly employed the inequality symbol for well over 25 years, because I feel an understanding of the absolutely pivotal role inequality plays in every aspect of existence cannot be overstated. the image reproduced herein was from my early 90s publication WAKE, but was designed & circulated many years prior.

So imagine my surprise when I was sent a link to the Church of Satan website in which they proudly announced a new CoS T-shirt... A polo shirt bearing the inequality symbol. In actual fact, the same company had sold this very shirt for years as part of their Boyd Rice/NON line of clothing, along with shirts, neck ties & ritual robes bearing the Wolfsangle & Cross of Lorraine. & in the past I have plugged this company on this page.

When I posted a commentary about this on the CoS page (my first & last post ever there), I told Peter Gilmore that I knew he didn't have the balls to let the post stand... I was right, of course. He deleted it. If he hadn't I doubt I'd have bothered to mention it here, as I've never felt it worth my while to pass comment on the CoS one way or another here, despite my love for LaVey. I suppose it it amuses me more than anything else that people who talk such shit about me can borrow so liberally from me (although in their hands the result is less than interesting--- or credible).

When he was alive LaVey called Gilmore a "useful idiot". I can heartily concur with at least 50% of that assessment.

Boyd Rice

[gallery ids="10407,10406" type="rectangular"]

EXIT Magazine #3 1987: Love Opened My Eyes - Boyd Rice




[caption id="attachment_10414" align="aligncenter" width="1280"]tumblr_m4txd73Ig11qchv1ao1_1280 Anti-Racist Action flyer about Boyd Rice[/caption]

[gallery ids="10408,10409" type="rectangular"]

[gallery ids="10411,10410" type="rectangular"]

[gallery ids="10412,10413" type="rectangular"]

EXIT Magazine #3 1987: The Book of Charlie - Adam Parfrey


AdamHelL.A.copyrightScottLindgren_07_1992

"Adam Parfrey (April 12, 1957 – May 10, 2018) was an American journalist, editor, and the publisher of Feral House books, whose work in all three capacities frequently centered on unusual, extreme, or "forbidden" areas of knowledge. A 2010 Seattle Weekly profile stated that "what Parfrey does is publish books that explore the marginal aspects of culture. And in many cases—at least back when his interests were almost exclusively transgressive—he sheds light on subjects that society prefers to leave unexplored, carving a niche catering to those of us with an unseemly obsession with life's darkest, most depraved sides." - Wikipedia


EXIT Magazine info (Wikipedia)

EXIT Magazine Homepage

The Fifth Path Magazine


The Fifth Path was a short-lived magazine out of Sacramento, California that filled this niche. Only five issues were ever published, coming out sporadically between 1991 and 1994. The founder, Robert Ward, died in 2004. Michael Moynihan of Blood Axis was a contributing writer to issue 3 and is credited as Associate Editor in issues 4 and 5.


[gallery ids="10423,10422,10421,10420,10419" type="slideshow"]

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment