Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My people you'll awake to accomplish new acts of youth...

[caption id="attachment_4412" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Hanna_Pauli_-_Verner_von_Heidenstam_or_Hans_Alienus_-_1896 Hanna Pauli - Verner von Heidenstam 1896[/caption]

"And so shouted your three neighbours "forget the greatness that you have embedded in the ground!" I answered: Rise now our dream of dominion over the north! This great dream draws us to play in new exploits. Rise from our graves, no, give us men of science, arts and literature ...

It's better to get an enemy than to for nothing see the years pass, it's better for our people to be lost, and our farms and cities burn. It's prouder to bravely cast the dice, than to die out as a expiring flame, it's better to have in desire strung a string that burst than to never have used a bow

I awake in the night but around me there's peace, yet still the waters are storming and seething. I could in longing cast myself down as a praying warrior of Judah, I will not beg for sunny years and endless golden harvests. O merciful fate, kindle the lightning that hits a people with years of suffering!

Yes, unite us with the hits of torment, and the most blue spring will blossom. You're smiling, my people, but with a rigid expression, you're singing but without hoping. You'd rather dance in silken clothes than to solve your own riddle. My people you'll awake to accomplish new acts of youth, the night you once again learn to suffer"

- Verner Von Heidenstam

2 comments:

  1. Great information. Lucky me I came across your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information. Lucky me I came across your blog by
    accident (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!

    ReplyDelete